Thursday, April 3, 2008

panchakarma

Whew. I know it's been a little while. Maybe a few days more than a little while. But I have plenty of excuses, believe me. I have been sick as a dog and job hunting and spring cleaning and sleeping way more than usual for no apparent reason. I'm beat. B.E.A.T. But I'm hanging in there and Erin and I are both eating solid food again so we're finally going grocery shopping today, and we're going to start a cleanse so that we'll both be good as new in no time.

We'll be doing an ayurvedic cleanse which is part of panchakarma which roughly translates to "five actions", although I admittedly will not be doing all the steps that you're supposed to, I'm going to stick to the eating and the oil massage and the steam room (not so bad, eh?). So my version of the cleanse consists of eating basmati rice with ghee (clarified butter) and herbs and mung dal soup, and drinking lots of water with lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. I'm also going to be mixing some oils to externally pull the toxins out, probably with things like juniper, jasmine, lavender, sandalwood and tea tree oil. Then I'm going to sneak into the steam room at Erin's gym and hopefully sweat out whatever's left.

I'll be back with some photos and recipes, and of course a new sense of clarity, peace, and focus, which I will acheive only after I have ridded myself of the desire to eat half a dozen english tea cakes from sconehenge.

for real.

0 comments: