Monday, May 19, 2008

art show catch-up

I've been to a handful of art shows recently and am majorly slacking on posting about it, so I'm going to do a quick and dirty run through of a couple of highlights (although I think most if not all of these shows are over now! Sorry!)

I caught the tail end of the Monica Canilao and Swoon show entitled Feral at The Luggage Store which was totally amazing and quite inspirational. I'll just post the pics and shut my yap because it was SO full of SUCH amazing stuff, I wouldn't even know where to begin to talk about it.













That same day we rode our little bicycles over to get another quick peek at the Ruth Laskey show entitled 7 weavings at Ratio 3. I know, I know, I've already talked about this show but I love Ruth's work and now I have a couple pictures (albeit out of focus) of the actual show and some close-ups of her amazing weavings. Plus, you know I love the floor at Ratio 3.











Then just last week was the CCA graduate exhibition, which I forgot to take pictures at, but I did help my friend Jason Kalogiros hang his photos the night before, so I have a couple (fuzzy) shots of his work being installed, and his sweetheart Maggie Preston's work. The whole show was pretty good although I have my gripes about cramming everyone into that awkward space along with the baccalaureate exhibition. I think they could come up with a better plan and that gives a little bit more respect and breathing room to everyone's hard work. But don't get me started with my griping...


Jason Kalogiros


Jason Kalogiros


Jason Kalogiros


Maggie Preston


Maggie Preston

0 comments: